Bank accounts – what you should know about bank transfers and fees!
You want to transfer money? What you should be aware of!
You may make payments in Euro in every EU country for the same charges as for domestic bank transfers subject to the following conditions:
- You are only transferring Euro and no other currency
- The recipient holds its account in an EU country
- You enter the recipient’s IBAN (International Bank Account Number) correctly
- The transaction charges are evenly split between you and the recipient
- The amount to be transferred is not reduced by any fees incurred
Further information can be found on the website of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank
Money has been debited from my account without my permission – what can I do?
Contact the bank at which you hold your account with as quickly as possible. Consider making a criminal complaint.
The bank may charge fees for bank transfers or other services.
The bank may charge fees for bank transfers or other services. You bank is required to provide you information at its premises on fees at the bank’s business premises.
To be on the safe side, also check the general terms and conditions and other contractual documents and whether fees have been agreed upon.