The Austrian Financial Market Authority (FMA) is undertaking to make its web pages accessible in accordance with the Web Accessibility Act (WZG; Web-Zugänglichkeits- Gesetz) in its currently applicable version transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies (published in the Official Journal of the European Union L 327 of 2.12.2016, p. 1 ).
This accessibility declaration applies for the website https://fma.gv.at.
Status of Compatibility with Requirements
The Austrian Financial Market Authority is committed to adapting its website in accordance with the AA conformance level of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines – WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) or the applicable European Standard EN 301 549 V2.1.2 (2018-08).
Incompatibility with accessibility provisions
- Some pictures on the website have no alternative text, or only have an inadequate alternative text.
- Videos on the website do not having any captions and no audio description
- Some tables do not correctly render the relationships about information correctly
- Some pages do not have a main tag
- Abbreviations in the text are not always marked up as such, or do not have a full text version
- The “filter” function in the sidebar is only marked by a symbol (no text)
- The option to change site language is not marked as such and cannot be operated via the keyboard
- The prescribed contrast for normal text is not met for links and buttons in orange
- The prescribed contrast for graphical elements is not met for the links “to top of page” and “to end of page”
- When using the zoom function in the browser, some content elements overlap one another
- In the mobile view, some content is caused to scroll horizontally
- Text spacing cannot be adapted for the entire website
- Slide shows that are started automatically do not offer the possibility to stop or pause them
- Some modules do not obtain focus once appearing. Focus remains on the page in the background
- A few link texts like “read more”, “show description”, “show documents” etc. do not provide any information about the specific destination of the link
- Some pages cannot be found using the search function and also do not appear in the site map
- Some elements in the content have no visible focus
- Input names do not correspond to the label text
- Some elements on the website do not use valid HTML (duplicate IDs and incorrectly used attributes)
- Change of status of content are not automatically shown
The FMA has already begun taking steps to rectify the aforementioned problems.
The colour combinations currently used on the website do not in the case of normal text always conform to the prescribed contrast levels stipulated in the WCAG success criterion 1.4.11 Non-text Contrast (Level AA).
However, since these colours are part of the Austrian Financial Market Authority’s established CI , to check the colours immediately would be disproportionate.
The content does not fall within the scope of the applicable legal regulations
Many predominantly older PDF documents and Office documents are not accessible. For example, PDF documents are not tagged up or are insufficiently tagged up so that they cannot be cannot be parsed by screen reader users. Consequently, WCAG success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role, value) is not met.
Content from third parties, for example documents by the European Supervisory Authorities EBA , EIOPA and ESMA , that do not fall within the scope of influence of the Austrian Financial Market Authority, are excluded from Directive (EU) 2016/2102. It is not possible to make any statement regard such content by third parties regarding their compatibility with accessibility provisions.
Drawing up of the Accessibility Declaration
This declaration was drawn up on 23.09.2020 and was updated on 28.09.2020 following in-depth evaluation by external certified experts for web accessibility accordingly.
Feedback and Contact Information
The content and services on this website are being reviewed, improved and extended on an ongoing basis. The accessibility and operability of our various offerings are of particular importance.
In the case that you come across barriers that impede you in using our website, we would kindly ask you to inform us about them. We will review your request, and will contact you as soon as possible.
When sending messages and suggestions by e-mail, please use the subject line “Reporting a barrier on the website fma.gv.at”. Please describe the problem and provide the URL(s) of the affected web page or document.
Austrian Financial Market Authority
Telephone number: (+43) 1 249 59 0
In the event that the aforementioned contact options do not yield satisfactory responses, you may submit a complaint to the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG; Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung). The FFG receives complaints electronically via the contact form.
Complaints submitted are firstly reviewed about whether they relate to breaches against the provisions in the Web Accessibility Act (WZG), especially regarding deficiencies in observing accessibility requirements, by the Federal Government or a body attributable to it.
Where the complaint is considered to be justified, the FFG is required to make recommendations for action to the Federal Government or the affected legal entities and to propose measures to be taken to rectify the existing defects.