The Austrian Financial Market Authority (FMA) has today, by means of an administrative decision, revoked the registration pursuant to Article 32a para. 1 of the Financial Markets Anti-Money Laundering Act (FM-GwG; Finanzmarkt-Geldwäschegesetz) with immediate effect of Crypto Management GmbH (https://crypto-management.at) with its registered office at Gumpendorfer Strasße 5/23, 1060 Vienna as a virtual asset service provider pursuant to Article 2 no. 22 FM-GwG . The entity is therefore no long authorised to offer the following financial services in Austria or from Austria:
- services to safeguard private cryptographic keys, to hold, store and transfer virtual currencies on behalf of a customer (custodian wallet providers);
- exchanging of virtual currencies into fiat currencies and vice versa;
- exchanging or one or more virtual currencies between one another;
- transferring of virtual currencies;
- the provision of financial services for the issuance and selling of virtual currencies.
Since there is also the suspicion of breaches relevant under criminal law, the FMA has also informed the Public Prosecutor’s Office (Staatsanwaltschaft) and has submitted its survey findings to the latter as a factual statement.
Journalists may address further enquiries to:
+43 (0)1 249 59 – 6006
+43 (0)676 – 88 249 516