The FMA would like to advise that the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) maintains a register of all authorised crowdfunding services providers in Europe. In this register, you can find out whether and in which EU Member State an undertaking has been authorised by an authority as a crowdfunding services provider. In addition, the register also contains information about the Member States in which an authorised crowdfunding services provider is allowed to conduct the respective services.
In order to inform the general public about official authorisations of crowdfunding services provider, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) maintains a regularly updated public register of all authorised crowdfunding services providers in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2020/1503 (ECSPR) of the Parliament and the Council of 07 October 2020. Any withdrawal of an authorisation of a crowdfunding service provider in accordance with Article 17 ECSPR shall be published, and remain published, in the register for five years.
The register maintained by ESMA has the following contents:
- the name, legal form and, where applicable, the legal entity identifier of the crowdfunding services provider;
- the commercial name, physical address and internet address of the crowdfunding platform operated by the crowdfunding services provider;
- the name and address of the competent authority which granted authorisation and its contact details;
- Information about the crowdfunding service for which the crowdfunding services provider has been authorised;
- a list of the Member States in which the crowdfunding services provider has stated its intention to provide crowdfunding services pursuant to Article 18 of Regulation (EU) 2020/1503;
- any other services provided by the crowdfunding services provider not covered by this Regulation with a reference to the relevant Union or national law;
- any penalties imposed on the crowdfunding services provider or its managers.
All definitions in relation to crowdfunding services can be found in Article 2 of Regulation (EU) 2020/1503.