Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 June 2017 on the prospectus to be published when securities are offered to the public or admitted to trading on a regulated market, and repealing Directive 2003/71/EC, was published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 30 June 2017.
The text of the published Regulation can be found here.
Entry into force and application
The Prospectus Regulation enters into force on the twentieth day following its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union, in this case on 20 July 2017, and shall by and large be applicable from 21 July 2019.
The provisions of points (a), (b) and (c) of subparagraph 1 of Article 1 (5) as well as subparagraph 2 of Article 1 (5) in relation to the exemption from the obligation to publish a prospectus for the admission to trading on a regulated market of specific types of securities however already apply with effect from 20 July 2017.
The provisions of Article 1 (3) and Article 3 (2) (threshold values for the obligation to publish a prospectus) apply with effect from 21 July 2018.
Consultation papers for Level 2 Measures
ESMA has published the following consultation papers in relation to Regulation (EU) 2017/1129:
- Consultation Paper, Guidelines on risk factors under the Prospectus Regulation (ESMA31-62-996)
- Consultation Paper, Draft technical advice on minimum information content for prospectus exemption (ESMA31-62-962)
The documents listed above may be found here. The outcome of the consultations will be published shortly.
- Consultation Paper on the format and content of the prospectus (ESMA31-62-532)
- Consultation Paper on EU Growth prospectus (ESMA31-62-649)
- Consultation Paper on scrutiny and approval (ESMA31-62-650)
The outcome of these consultations were published in the Final Report (ESMA31-62-800).
The outcome of this consultation was published in Final Report (ESMA-31-62-1002).